Friday, July 31, 2009

Funny how that goes...

This morning, Thak told me I really did not have to go to the Command and Staff meet and greet this afternoon. I assured him that I would go. I know it looks better if I do than if I don't, especially since he works closely with the Sergeant Major, and she would definitely ask him why his family wasn't there if we no-showed. So I said we'd just go.

The we found out pay was a day early, and we REALLY needed groceries, so I loaded up the kids and went to the grocery store. After over an hour of lugging those two around the store, comparing prices, making sure I got everything on the list, and everything else, then coming home, unloading all the crap, fending off Erin who was trying to eat everything she deemed good RIGHT NOW, and dealing with a very tired and hungry Orren, I was in NO shape to meet a Colonel, or anyone else of any importance for that matter. I was covered in sweat, my hair (which was awesome an hour ago) looked like a giant ball of crap, and I was just tired (Orren didn't sleep well last night at all).

Then Thak came home and got PISSED when I said I wasn't going to the thing. He told me they were going to have kids' activities, and all sorts of other stuff which sounds great if you don't loathe spending too much time with the other wives of the unit who will try to befriend me (and I'm definitely NOT interested in being friends with anyone affiliated with the same unit! It's very awkward.) so I said, "Sounds lame. I'm not going." and he got mad, so I guess I'm going to meet a Colonel today. I hope I don't fall over from exhaustion and just generally not feeling too good....

....and I've got nothing to wear. Cool. I hope the next couple hours pass quickly. I can't stand things like this, and I'm too tired to put on much of a game face today.

No comments: