Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh boy!

So this Saturday, I'm taking customers. Thankfully most of them are pick-ups, so I'll actually get money for this, not like last month when they were all coming to get their bags sketched out, not that there's anything wrong with that. Sketches become purses, and purses become money, but it always feels a little better after working your ass off all day, if you go make the bank deposit at the end, and know that you have gotten one step closer to where you want to be, rather than if all you have at the end of the day is a book full of sketches which you've got to bring to life before you'll see a dime.

So Saturday SHOULD be good. The only really icky thing is that I have this one customer who's been emailing me constantly for the past month, basically acting like they want to come inspect my work. I mean, ok, it's fine and dandy to want to see stuff in person before you buy it. I understand and support that 100% and anyone is welcome to come and see samples (can't guarantee how many I'll have on hand... my stuff sells fast) any time I can schedule them in. It's the manner in which this girl went about it. I mean, she and her friend are basically thinking my stuff is crap, and want me to prove to them that it's not. OK, I mean, if you've ever seen the stuff I make, you know it's excellent, and it better be for how long I've been doing this, but I'm just a little put off (ok, A LOT put off) by this girl who thinks she can come in, act like my stuff is crap, and basically demand to come into my home, and INSPECT my work. I WANTED to say to her, "And who the hell do you think you are?" but what I really said, after consulting with Thak, was, "Sure. I can fit you in at 1:15."

Lucky for me, Thak will be home, and has said that if they're disrespectful toward me or my work, he'll kick them out. One of my friends whose husband is away on training is also bringing her car over here then so Thak can change the oil for her, and she'll be hanging out inside with me while my customers are coming through, so if this girl acts stupid, at least I'll have my friend with me and my husband outside. Not that it will make much difference in the practical sense, but if I have to deal with a first-class jerk, I'd rather not do it alone. I also don't care for the 2 on 1 thing these girls seem to be expecting. It's my experience that the bullies run in packs, but if you do, too, they don't try to rip you off nearly as hard.

So yeah, anyhow, it's going to be interesting if nothing else. I hope those crazies actually order something. Between the two of them, they're probably good for about $100, and I can't turn that down on the basis of it coming out of a bitch's pocket. I'll take it. I guess I better go and finish the order I'm working on now (luckily it's for a nice girl) and make sure it's "inspection ready" for tomorrow! (Can you hear my eyes rolling just at the thought of it? You should.)

No comments: