Monday, December 14, 2009

It's something new for me to get used to.


I don't know why, but I always get the slightest chuckle out of friends who bring their cars here to be worked on because their husbands either can't or won't do it.

This is something that will become a huge factor in our lives within the next couple years, of course, and in fact, it's families without a competent mechanic in the bunch who will put food on our table and a roof over our heads. I certainly mean no disrespect to our future customer base.

It's just not something I'm used to AT ALL. Sure, I can't fix anything about either of our cars (See, that's one reason I married a mechanic! I can't stand the thought of paying shop fees and labor charges for the simplest of things! Haha!) so I certainly understand and do not think less of anyone who's in the same boat, but I don't know what I'd do if my husband didn't know his way around an engine.

One of my girl Army buddies used to always say, when someone's husband would be about to come home from a deployment, "It will sure be good to have him around for the things a man is good for, won't it?" For one, I sure agree with her, but for another, I'm glad that mine's good at fixing stuff! For all the messy garage, the dirty jeans, the gloves which have to be washed a certain way, the expenditures I don't understand, I wouldn't trade one thing. I'm so glad my husband is a mechanic!

No comments: