Monday, November 28, 2011

6 months!!

Bebe Chai is 6 months old today! I can't believe we've had him for that long already. It seems like just yesterday that I was hesitant to realize that those contractions were really the real deal, after all, I was only 40 weeks, and was expecting him to wait until right about 42 like his brother and sister had. No, Bebe Chai is his own guy, though, and he does things his own way, so he joined us six months ago, on his "due date", at home.

This day also marks something very cool for me. My initial goal was to breastfeed for six months, and we're there!! (See the garnet colored ribbon at the side of the page?!) Of course, we're not stopping. We probably won't stop for a very long time to come, but my next goal is a year. We've fought through all kinds of difficulties to get to this point, and a lot of days, I want to stop, but I keep going because breastmilk is THE biologically appropriate food for human babies, and well, it's a lot easier to just roll over and latch him on when he wakes up in the middle of the night than it would be to go all the way to the kitchen, make a bottle, and come back. Plus, going out requires only throwing a couple diapers and a wetbag in my purse, not a bunch of bottles and formula. In that way, it is easier, too.

I can't believe my little Bebe Chai is now a big 6-month-old dude who sits unsupported, is about to cut a couple teeth, and is pretty mobile, rolling all over the floor and getting into everything. He's so awesome!

No comments: