Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Prefold Experiment

About a week ago, we received our package in the mail. It contained the only 9 Indian Prefold diapers that a certain site had in stock in the Premium size and weight that we wanted. (Premium is rated for 15-30 pounds, and since Orren has definitely reached 15 pounds by now, we figured we were ok to just go ahead and order that. Plus, the Premiums have more layers than the regular Infant ones, so they're better.) Click to see what Indian Prefolds are if you don't already know.

Well, a week in, and I love the things! Thak isn't confident with them, and I don't think he likes them much since he's only put one on Orren once, but that's ok. We have two dozen Bum Genius diapers which he is very confident with, so he doesn't have to do anything with these prefolds if he doesn't want to. The choice is his, and I told him so. I'm just glad that I like the prefolds since adding in a couple dozen of them will conserve the life of all our diapers, and allow us to use our Bum Genius ones again with the next baby and get more for our money. The thing is prefolds cost roughly $2 each. Bum Genius diapers cost $19 each. Any time you can use something that costs $2 to prolong the usability of something that costs $19, it's a good thing if you ask me.

Oh, and pins are a non-issue anymore! Now there's something called a Snappi. Basically, a Snappi looks like the illicit love-child of an Ace bandage clip and a rubber band. It's got grippy things on each end, and it's stretchy in the middle, and you use it to hold the diaper together. It's excellent.

Anyhow, this entry is worthless without pics, so here's Orren wearing one of his Indian Prefolds with a Snappi.


OK, and here's just a cute little pic of Orren I took after I put his cover back on. Yeah, I know that shirt is too big for him. It's a size 12 months (he wears a 6-9) but it was so cute with his red diaper cover that I put it on him anyhow.

No comments: