Monday, March 9, 2009

Walk through in the morning

This morning, Thak got a phone call from Statesboro Storage. That's the moving contractor that's going to be packing our stuff up for shipment out to Texas. They're coming to pack it all on Thursday, but they're coming tomorrow to do a walk through of our house to see what all they need to bring in order to pack us up. I didn't know they did that, but if you think about it, it makes sense. Sure, they could calculate a rough estimate based on the fact that we have a 4 BR house, or the fact that we have two kids, or the fact that Thak is a Staff Sergeant (and as such, is allowed a certain amount of stuff to be shipped), but that would be inaccurate, so they're doing a walk through. I just had never heard anyone talk about that part. I've heard a thousand times about the movers and the packers, but not the walk through, so this is new.

I guess it's just that much more real now that we're leaving. They'll be here in the morning, checking out our stuff, and getting ready to pack it up 48 hours later. I still have no idea what we're keeping out and taking with us. I guess tomorrow, I'll have to actually go ahead and figure that out. Thak and I work best at the last minute, though, so I guess this is just our style. We'll see how it all goes tomorrow.

Thankfully, Thak is almost cleared of post now, only has to clear two more things within his unit, and then final out and sign out on leave on Thursday, so he'll be able to be here when they come by tomorrow. I don't like to deal with these things on my own if I don't have to. He may not know much about this stuff either, but he's better at this type of thing in general than I am, so it's good that he'll be home to deal with it.

No comments: