Monday, February 16, 2009

Closer

As of yesterday, the truck is done. Three days and several hundred dollars later, it runs better than it ever has, and we thoroughly enjoyed our test drive to Jesup last night. I've got to say, the kids look so cute in the back seat of the truck together. I keep envisioning them back there with the animals on our drive to El Paso, and it's just adorable. Now that we know that our truck is ready to make the voyage, I'm just that much more ready for moving day to come. We have a month and two days until we leave Georgia behind, hopefully forever.

There is one more thing Thak wants to do to the truck. He wants to replace the exhaust system, and found a kit to do it for relatively cheaply. It's still several hundred dollars, though, which is what gives me pause about it. He says there are holes in the exhaust system that is on the truck currently, and that it needs to be replaced. I say it sounds fine the way it is and he's using this move as an excuse to put loud dual exhaust on the truck, which he's wanted to do for years. With that said, we'll probably get the kit next payday.

So the truck is ready, and it needs to be. Thak even got the new hitch thingie for it. He didn't trust the one we had, and we need a good hitch since we're going to be towing the car on a trailer behind the truck.

Thak said last night that he's going to start cleaning out our garage today so that we can start figuring out what stuff we're taking with us, and what we're going to have the movers pack up and take. I guess he plans on putting the stuff we're going to take in the garage. That'll work fine, too. I know we're taking all the tools with us at very least. Plus, they're heavy, and we get paid for every pound we move, so that works in our favor. Plus, would YOU want to be caught out on the road without your tools? Thak wouldn't, and I don't blame him. He also is going to start cleaning out some tuffboxes so that we can start packing other stuff in them to take with us. We're going to put the tuffboxes in the back of the truck since they're waterproof, and lock, and put as much stuff in there as possible, probably mostly clothes, the kids' toys, Orren's pack-and-play, etc...

We have to go to the birth center this afternoon for my final appointment. Thak is at the hardware store right now. I don't know what he's getting there, but I guess I'll find out when he gets home. He knows he's got to be back by 1:00. I'm getting myself and the kids all bathed, dressed, and ready to go (Orren is napping, and Erin is done, which is why I'm blogging), and when we get home, I think Thak wants to start going through a lot of our stuff, and getting things sorted out. I can't say I'm looking forward to doing it, but I am looking forward to having it done.

No comments: