Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feel better, Orren.

Orren has not been well these past few days. We were afraid the poor thing caught Thak's plague, but I don't think that's what it was. Thak had a fever for days, but Orren's temperature never got above 99.4, and was only that high for a couple hours on Sunday, so I don't think it was the same thing. What we do know is that our little boy has felt like crap lately. Last night, he spit up most of his bottle after his 6 pm feeding, and then he wouldn't take another feeding before we put him to bed at 8:15. He also slept all the way through until 6:30 am. That's a first. He usually wants at least one middle of the night feeding, but not last night. He just wasn't feeling well.

When he woke up this morning, he was happy and smiling. Today, he's eating fine. He's taken one feeding so far, and while he took one ounce less than he normally does, he still ate a lot, and didn't spit up any significant amount of it. That gives me hope that he's feeling a little better. He also hasn't been as whiny as he was these past couple days, so maybe he's finally doing better. I hope so. We've been worried about him. I hate when they're so little and get sick.

What's worse is that tomorrow is Orren's 2 month doctor's appointment. He's supposed to get one shot. We are doing a delayed and spread out vaccination schedule with him, so at least he's not getting a whole ton of shots, but he is getting his Hib shot tomorrow. Well, he's supposed to be anyhow. I'll tell the doctor about how Orren's not been feeling well, and see if he still wants to do the shot tomorrow. We'll go with whatever he says.

At tomorrow's appointment, I'm also going to have to ask what we're going to do about Orren's umbilical granuloma. (It's not as bad as it sounds. Google it.) Hopefully we can treat that before we move. I want to have it dealt with before we have to find ourselves a new pediatrician in El Paso. I've had no luck getting recommendations from anyone at Ft. Bliss. None of them have the same priorities as we do, so going to the pediatricians they think are just great would probably make me want to rip my hair out. So hopefully, we'll turn up something soon after we get out there, but for now, I just want to get as much taken care of as possible while we're here. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: