Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mommy, you suck.

Soooo would anyone like to know what the worst part of having a baby born on Christmas Day is? OK, yes, it's the fact that planning a birthday party for him is a certain disaster, and he faces a lifetime of one present for two occasions. However, another drawback to it is that his 1-year doctor's appointment should have taken place during the time we were traveling, and so of course, in the shuffle of taking two children and a dog from the Mexican border to the Canadian border, what got lost in the shuffle? Orren's doctor's appointment, of course. What else would it be?

So I forgot about it for a solid month until early February, and then my parents were visiting, so I figured I'd put it off until after that. Then after they left, ever since then, the kids have been sick. Both of them had a cold, and then as soon as they got over that, and Orren seemed well enough to get his shots, they both came down with a stomach virus. He's still fussy as hell because now that he's stopped barfing nonstop, he decided to cut all four of his canine teeth at once (this kid cuts no fewer than two teeth at a time, usually four at a time), but that won't prevent him from being able to get his shots, so I scheduled his appointment today. I finally remembered to do so while the doctor's office was still open! (I usually remember it at about midnight as I'm lying in bed.) Therefore, Mr. Orren Kiet goes in for his 1-year physical and shots, just before he turns 15 months old...

Geez, I hope our pediatrician is understanding of why we're so late on this, or at least doesn't give me hell over it. On the good side, Thak may get out of going to work for the first half of the day since I scheduled the earliest appointment of the day! (Plus, the waiting time is almost zero if you go early in the morning. Not so in the afternoon.)

No comments: