Friday, March 19, 2010

Orren's appointment

Well, Mr. Orren Kiet went to the doctor today. It was actually his 1-year physical and shots, but we were a couple months late with it, which I explained in a previous entry. So basically, it went well. Orren is very healthy, and growing nicely. He's still tall and thin. At 14 months, he's in the 90th percentile in height, but has fallen to the 35th percentile in weight. I think some of that is that he lost some weight while he was sick, and has not quite gained it back yet. I'm not worried about it. Lots of kids are tall and thin. I would love for Orren to grow to be at least 6' tall as an adult, but I don't care too much about if he's thin. That's ok. As long as he's still very high on the percentile charts for height, then I'm happy. Even if he wants to play football (which we hope he will) it's ok if he's thin. Weight training can fix that. I'm glad he's still tall, though. That's important for a boy. Girls can be small and it's ok, but a boy needs to be big, or at least tall. I'm glad my boy is so tall.

Poor baby had to be a pin cushion, though. He got four shots, and a blood draw. They test for lead levels and anemia at a year, so that's why they had to take his blood. It took three nurses and a restraining board to hold him down for that. All the nurses said they couldn't believe how strong he is!! They said he's the strongest baby they've seen in forever!! I hate that he had to get his blood drawn, but I'm happy that he's extremely strong.

He totally flipped out when anyone aside from me had to work with him. He's got big time stranger anxiety. He got through it, though, and we're good until he's 18 months, and then he only has to get one shot, the same one as Erin has to get at about that time (Hep A, which is only required when you live on the border). He'll get his first one, Erin will get her booster. We'll be able to schedule her appointment at that time, too.

Oh, and I had them weigh and measure Erin while we were there. She's 3'9" and weighs 41 pounds! She gained 3 pounds since last summer, and grew an inch. So she's still tiny, but she IS growing, and that's good.

No comments: