Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer school, and whatnot

Erin got in some trouble yesterday. At pick-up from school, Mr. M asked me about the summer school permission form that was sent home. Of course, I'd never seen that in my life, because Erin never gave it to me. Could be simple oversight.... until he told me that she had told him that her mommy and daddy weren't sure if she could go or not, and were taking some more time to think it over. Well that, of course, is a complete lie. We never got the letter in the first place, so we didn't know she had been asked to attend summer school at all, and of course, we already knew that if she was asked to attend, then she would. Mr. M thought it was unlikely that this was something we would need days on end to think over, so Erin's story sounded fishy to him, which is why he asked me about it. Of course, I told him that Erin WOULD, in fact, be attending summer school since now I knew she had been asked to. He got us another form, and I turned it back in this morning. Nice try, Erin. Thak went easy on her, punishment-wise. She got off with a stern talking to about why we don't lie. He said next time she lies, she's grounded for a month. That scared her, but I wonder if it was enough. Honestly, I would have grounded her this time, for a week. What's done is done, though. She got off easy. I think she knows it, though. She brought in the trash cans from the street without being asked, and didn't give us any crap about going to bed.

Orren's newest hobby is waking baby Chai up when I get him to sleep. When Chai's awake, Orren manages to keep it to a dull roar, but the minute he falls asleep, that's the exact moment Orren wants to come up and play his kazoo extra loud, or bang on the garbage can with a spoon, or something. Chai was exhausted by the time we got him to bed last night. On the good side, he slept from midnight to 6 am without waking up. I was shocked. I needed that, though. I was completely spent yesterday. Taking care of these boys all day by myself is hard. Chai is a newborn, so of course he's needy, but Orren is needy, too, and usually only when Chai is. I love my little boys, but they're running me crazy.

Chai has also outgrown a lot of clothes already. He's so long he outgrows stuff even faster than Orren did. It's ok, though, because we already have all his clothes left over from Orren, so it doesn't cost anything when he has to move up in sizes.

So, uh, now I have to go clean the cat box (Thak's chore, really, but yeah...) and then a certain little boy wants to go walking.

No comments: