Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ah, but to dance...


We got a new venue for belly dancing. It's in the housing office on post, which is a rather funny place to belly dance if you really think about it, but hey, we're not picky. We're also trying to get booked to dance at the weekly Friday night event at the PX. It should be really fun. I hope we get booked soon! I also hope that Thak's firm will consent to leaving him in El Paso for the 3 weeks that the rest of his class goes to Utah to do stuff that he already is certified to do. I would love it if he were at my first show! If he isn't, though, that's ok. I'll have somebody take video and pics, and he can see it that way. I'll have to bring a non-dancing friend with me anyway to play with Erin and Orren and hold Chai for me while I dance. I can think of a few who would probably do that for us, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, yesterday was freezing cold, and felt like a good day to stand out against the snow by going a little darker, in all black with a little red. (Even though I look better in green, I've been favoring red lately because the other girls I dance with wear a lot of warmer colors). Plus, I just love this long sleeved velour choli top that I just got! (No worries... it wasn't expensive. I traded for it.) It's just perfect for colder weather!

And hey, forgive all the crap in the background of the pic, and the fact that I'm like half in it. Taking self-pics is not easy! ;)

No comments: