Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sleep is still elusive.

Chai went to bed in his crib, in his own room last night at 7:30. This was glorious for the whole two hours he slept. Then he woke up, and I tried for almost 4 hours to get him back to sleep, and he just wouldn't. Eventually, I was so tired that I put him into bed with me, and we both fell asleep, him intermittently nursing the whole night.

The thing is, I don't actually mind him coming to our bed to sleep, but this schedule is impossible. I would be totally ok with it if he would sleep until maybe midnight and then come to our bed, or even if he woke up at 9, and then went back to sleep for a few hours, and then came to bed with us. It's just, when he wakes up at 9-something, and doesn't go back down, and I JUST got Erin and Orren to bed, that makes my day literally 24 hours of constant work. I can't function like that for much longer.

We were so desperate last night that Thak actually told me to let Chai cry it out. I couldn't do it. I couldn't just leave him there all by himself to cry and wonder why mommy wasn't coming to get him. It isn't his fault that his daddy left me all alone to deal with every single thing, and that there is more work here than one person can reasonably handle. It is NOT Chai's fault, and I won't let him be the one to pay for it. I know what it's like to pay for a decision that isn't yours, and it feels like shit, so I'm not going to do that to him.

I ordered The No Cry Sleep Solution. It arrives in a few days. Hopefully the key to some sleep resides somewhere in there.

No comments: