Saturday, June 6, 2009

Aaaahhhh..... chilly!

The air conditioner is fixed! It has been since yesterday. It's still working this morning. I'm sort of afraid to say anything about it because this thing has never worked for more than two days straight, but I have hope that maybe this time, it'll be fixed for real. Well, whether it is or not, it's nice and cool in our house now, and for the first time in weeks, months even, we're not sweating our asses off just as badly inside as we do outside, so any way you cut it, that's a good thing.

On an unrelated note, Thak has taken my car to go get its Texas safety and emissions inspection. He wanted to do this over the weekend so that I wouldn't have to do it during the week, but apparently, every place he goes to is closed. He's gone to one place off post that he was told might be open, and I'm thinking it probably was since he's not back yet. Well, I hope. We have to get my car its Texas plates next month. I'm actually not really looking forward to giving up our Georgia ones, but hey, this is just another step along the way. Next time we get new license plates for our cars, we'll actually be keeping them for a while, not like we've been doing, where we end up switching them out every couple years. Texas plates once more... Ironically, this means that every vehicle Thak and I have owned since being together or married will have been registered in the state of Texas at one point. That's just another way this assignment is the completion of a full circle for us.

Oh, and we're below 700 days. 698 days until Thak is out of the Army, and 28 days until I am out of the IRR.

No comments: