Friday, June 19, 2009

Sooooo

Tonight, we have the parents' meeting for cheerleading. Erin is psyched because it means she'll get to start cheering very soon, probably next week. That's great. I'm glad she's getting to do this. We'll see how she likes it, and I'm actually thinking of getting her into West Texas Cheer this fall, which is pretty much a cheerleading school with very good instruction, and a lot of emphasis on the various things a cheerleader needs to know (tumbling, dance, etc), and it's a bit more high intensity than the YMCA program she's doing this summer, but the Y's is a good place to start. I haven't talked to Thak about starting Erin with West Texas Cheer in the fall yet, but I'm sure he'll be cool with it. He's all for anything that will help our kids succeed, and Erin's wanted to be a cheerleader ever since she knew what that was, so getting her the best of instruction will only help her to succeed at something she really wants to do. I think it'll be fun to do this more relaxed program over the summer, though. I can't wait to see her in her little uniform. She's going to be so cute! Awwww my baby girl is a cheerleader now!! She's getting so big!!

We also have so much else going on today. I have more customers coming by to work out their purse orders with me, and that's just more money for us, so I'm happy with that. As soon as my morning customers are gone (in like half an hour, probably), we're heading across town to this one girl's house for a playdate (only NCO families, THANK GOD!! I can take off my politically correct mask.) Once we come back from that, we'll actually have a few hours between then and the next customer, but I'll need those few hours to sew orders so I can NOT sew this weekend, and then at 4, I have another customer, and at 5, the cheer meeting. When we get home from that, Thak will probably be home from work (his new Sergeant Major came in, and believe it or not, she doesn't like to hold everyone until 8 pm every Friday), and he doesn't have school tonight, so at least we'll be able to just do nothing tonight, which is great.

Oh, and next week is Thak's summer break from school! Yay!!

Things are so hectic, but at least next week, we only have to deal with all my stuff, plus Erin's cheerleading practice, plus Thak's work, but not school. That will be a welcome break.

No comments: