Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This is for Erin's birthday...

My parents sent us some money to get Erin a "new-to-us" bike for her birthday. We were going to go to one of the cycle shops around here this coming weekend since Friday's payday, but in the meantime, we kept checking Craigslist to see if anything of interest was posted.

Sure enough, last night, I found it. The pictures looked good. The price was AMAZING. I would be shocked if it hadn't sold because the ad had been up for almost 24 hours by then. It was too late to call, so I emailed them, on the off chance that the bike was still available. To my surprise, I got an immediate response, saying that yes, it was available. I asked if it would be ok for Thak to pick it up after he got done at work the following day (today). They said that was just fine. Rock on!

Thak came home with it hidden away really well in the back of the truck. When Erin went to bed, he brought it in so we could hide it away in the garage. Here it is! It is going to be a VERY happy birthday for Erin! It is in pretty much brand new condition. I cannot find one sign of wear on it. The valve stem covers even light up. It's so pretty!

No comments: