Monday, June 11, 2012

The beginning of weaning?

I've noticed over the course of the past few days that Chai has been nursing less.  He's always taken both sides at each feeding (probably because my supply has never been awesome), but lately, he's been taking one side, and then going back to whatever fun and busy thing he was doing before he stopped to nurse.  He's down to nursing just twice a day and once at night anyway.  Then last night, he skipped his nighttime feeding, sleeping from 8:30 pm to 7:30 am, and when he woke up, he only wanted one side, and then was done, instead asking his daddy for a sippy cup of goat's milk and some toast.

If I'm not mistaken, this looks like a step toward weaning.  I'm totally ok with that, although I am a little surprised since it seemed to me like Chai was the kind of guy who wouldn't wean until sometime in preschool.  I wouldn't deny him of nursing that long, of course, but if he wants to stop earlier than that, it's totally ok with me.  Truth be told, I'm tired of getting bitten, and I really would like to be able to wear all the clothes I have that I really like but cannot nurse in, and also shop for clothes without having to make sure I can nurse in them.

It's his call.

No comments: