Friday, July 13, 2012

I seriously want to move.

Not that our place is particularly bad.  It isn't.  There's just one thing I totally hate about it, and it's not the fact that it's convenient to absolutely nothing.  It's the fact that they pop in whenever they damned well please.  When we moved in, they said they did pest control on the third Thursday of every other month.  We asked if we could refuse it, because we didn't want the chemicals, but they said no.  OK, fair enough, third Thursday, every other month. Got it.

Now, as one might imagine, with 5 people in a 2 BR apartment, our life is pretty much a hot mess more times than not.  This is the fact of the matter.  I don't like it, no.  I think it sucks.  I wish we still had a house that fit us, but the fact is, nobody with one of those would lease to us, or we couldn't afford it, so we have this, and our life is a mess.  I can make it look passable for a few minutes given warning, but mostly, it's a mess.  You do 5 people's laundry without a laundry room and tell me it doesn't invade your entire hallway.  You cook for 5 people in a kitchen the same size as the one in the place you lived as a freshman in college, and tell me how long it stays clean.  You attempt to scale down from 3 BR and a two car garage to 2 BR and no storage at all, and tell me how well it goes for you.  Yes, I've been here a few months, and reasonably should be settled in, but it's not that simple.  I can't just get rid of a majority of my worldly possessions, and call it good in order to fit this place.

So anyway, they pop in this morning (Note that it is NOT the third Thursday of the month), totally unannounced to do the pest control, and the place is a total wreck, I'm not even really dressed, and Orren was running around naked.  I was actually starting some cleaning when they came, but it was so early in the morning, and Chai nursed all night, so I'm tired, and just starting for the day, and if I'd made any progress, you sure couldn't tell.  It's like that.  Well, the manager comes in, and is like, "You've got a lot to do."  Yeah, I know.  Fuck you, lady.  Fuck you.  I'm doing my best.  Just spray your disgusting poison that I don't want anywhere near me or my kids, and go.  I'm so over this.  You shouldn't be able to just pop in whenever you want.  What do you expect?  I don't know anyone with three kids, and their family essentially shoved in a shoe box, who keeps their home inspection-ready.  It's almost like one of Drill Sergeant's impossible tasks from back in Basic.  "YOU!  SHOVE THIS FAMILY INTO THIS SHOEBOX SIZED APARTMENT AND KEEP THAT SHIT INSPECTION READY!!"  Yeah... not happening.

I am so looking forward to not living here anymore, although who knows when that will happen....  Not so I can just not clean.  It's not that at all.  No, to be honest, I will just really appreciate the privilege of not having to let people into my home, completely unannounced, whenever they want, whether I am in any condition to have guests or not.  And now I have about a ton of stuff to do, because I'm always paranoid that people are going to call the authorities about these things. (That's what I get for spending a few years living on post, where people actually do that stuff.)

No comments: