Monday, April 19, 2010

Rain is a good thing!

I heard this song for the first time the other day (I don't know if it's out on regular radio yet. I have XM, which usually has songs before they come out otherwise.) I like Luke Bryan. He's from Georgia... well, I don't know if he's actually FROM there, but he's a Georgia Southern grad, and lived like not even an hour from Ft. Stewart when he got signed to his recording contract, so we claim him, whether he likes it or not. Haha!

Seriously, though, I freaking adore Luke Bryan for one simple reason, and it's not what you're thinking. It's because his videos are awesome. They're all filmed right there in Georgia, and not freaking Atlanta like everyone else. No, this guy is awesome enough to film his videos in places that I actually know, have tons of memories of, and all that. It's great. This one was filmed in Claxton, which is like two counties over from Ft. Stewart. I know that part of the state like the back of my hand. I've been to, or at least driven past, most everywhere in this video, and lots of his others for that matter.

When I miss Georgia, which is often, I watch Luke Bryan videos, and get to go home... just for a few minutes, but it's still nice. I love to see those cotton fields. I miss them.

Click for the video for Rain is a Good thing.


Here's more Georgia videos. Forget high tech special effects, fancy choreography, or anything else that costs a lot. All I want to see is tall pines, Low Country style houses, and clay. Georgia = LOVE!!

(Another Luke Bryan one)
Click for the video for We Rode in Trucks.

(This is the Zac Brown Band. Note that not only do they film this video in GA, but they acknowledge the Army! There is nothing NOT to love about that.)
Click for the video for Chicken Fried.

(This is out in the barrier islands. ZBB again. Love them!!! This is also the song that plays on Thak's phone when I call him.)
Click for the video for Whatever It Is.

No comments: