Monday, May 24, 2010

Charter school? OH YEAH!

This is what I feel like! I just called the main office of the current charter Elementary school, and asked if I need to check all the blocks on one form if we're willing to accept ANY placement, or if I needed to submit a form for each. She asked if I wanted east or west side of town. I said we would prefer east, since that's where we live, but reiterated that we will take any placement. She said that we should have NO problem getting into the new school that's only 20 minutes from our house. Since it's a new school, and word hasn't really gotten out yet about it. I know about it because I know one of the people who's been hired to work there, but they haven't actually advertised it yet. We will be some of the first applicants!!!

It was also a great relief that they were very homeschooling-supportive. Even the wording of their documents lead me to believe that they get a lot of former homeschoolers into their schools. The lady I talked to was definitely positive about taking Erin, being that she had been homeschooled. She said our chances are excellent of getting in. EXCELLENT! That's great!

I'm printing off the forms as soon as Thak gets home and loads the printer software onto this computer, and actually right now I'm going to call the pediatrician so we can get a copy of her shot record tomorrow. Then I'll fill out the forms, hit Kinko's to make copies of important docs, then swing by Dr. B's office, and turn in everything tomorrow morning!! I hope to hear back really soon!!! Cross your fingers we get in, because our odds are good at this point!!!

No comments: