Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy made up bullshit holiday!

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day, and boy oh boy, I cannot WAIT until it's over! I'm so sick of it. I mean, this "holiday" has technically existed since 1984, but only within the past five years has it become a huge to-do. I remember when I first heard of it, I laughed. I mean, an appreciation day for military spouses? What? Why on earth would anyone have that? I just thought it was stupid because military spouses are, in 90% of cases, the WORST people I have ever met.

Needless to say, I do not see the necessity of paying tribute to a group of people who have brought more bad into my life than any other group of people I can think of, so yeah, I'm just glad this is my LAST Military Spouse Appreciation Day to deal with since Thak will be out of the Army (well, on terminal leave anyhow...) this time next year.

No comments: