Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Murals and money

There's a first time for everything. I always was so proud of my exemplary parenting skills that resulted in my lovely daughter Erin NEVER having drawn on a wall, or furniture, or anything but paper or easel (or sidewalk, in the case of chalk). Oh, how the mighty have fallen! As the millionth way that my kids are the most diametrically different people ever, the world is Orren's canvas.

It started last week, when Orren got ahold of Erin's crayons, and drew on the floor. I understood why he did that. We do sidewalk chalk all the time, and have literally 100 sticks of it and a giant patio that the kids always draw on.

This morning, he got ahold of a red marker, and while Thak was getting dressed for work, the little studmuffin made a lovely mural on our bedroom wall, and continued it on the tile floor over by our sink counter.

I should have taken pictures of all this stuff. I'm not quite sure why I didn't. I just cleaned it up, and vowed to be more vigilant the next time. Of course, that doesn't happen... It's rather impossible when you have a 6-year-old, to keep crayons and markers out of reach of the baby all the time. He plays with his baby markers on a supervised basis, but Erin leaves her stuff out all the time, and he gets ahold of it.

I'm thankful for a few things. These things are, washable markers, tile floors, and Clorox Greenworks spray.



In other news, I counted down our change jar the other night, and we had $108 in there!! There's more now because we're always adding change to it, but OMG $108, and it's not even high on the jar yet!! I was really surprised by that.

No comments: