Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Feeling better, but sick of moving.

I'm FINALLY feeling decently better. I'm still coughing up a storm, and can't sleep for anything, but I have some level of energy, and don't feel like passing out every time I move, and my appetite is coming back, so I can eat. I know I lost weight this past week from not eating, but the baby's still active, so I'm sure he/she is ok.

Yesterday I got most of the kitchen packed, and all of Orren's room. I still have to do the rest of the kitchen, me and Thak's room, and both bathrooms. After that, I guess I'll start on some of the harder cleaning things. I bought some cleaning products today that I would ordinarily never buy because they're extremely toxic, but honestly, if it'll get me that security deposit back, I'm ok with it just this once. I'll wear gloves.

Oh, and people, shut up with the grout cleaning suggestions. I don't CARE how successful you were at just pouring bleach over the entire floor and leaving it at that. First of all, I'm going to bet your house was A LOT smaller than mine, because holy crap that would be a lot of bleach and I'm so NOT going there. Secondly, we have colored grout, and cannot use bleach on it. I also don't care how successful you were scrubbing your kitchen or bathroom's floor tile grout with a toothbrush. I am not scrubbing 1600 square feet of grout with a fucking toothbrush. Even my Drill Sergeant would find that a little sadistic. I bought floor cleaner, and big scrub brushes, and I will make it work. Shockingly, I've patch tested things in various parts of the house, and know how I'm going to do this. (Come on, people. I'm a former engineer. Do you really think I haven't run tests on this by now?)

I also need more boxes, and I'm hoping NOT to have to do that all by myself, or wait a year to get them, so if I can pry the rest of my family off the couch and away from that stupid TV (I am seriously ready to kill the TV. I honestly am considering cutting the cable off when we move.) then we'll go to the recycling center on post and get some more boxes. I'm tired of living among boxes, but only four more days. I'm also really glad that I did get an early start on packing. I wasn't really banking on doing all of it by myself nor on getting super sick right in the middle of it, but that's how it ended up, so I guess we're pretty lucky that I got an early start on it, because it's all going to get done, even with these unforeseen delays.

No comments: