Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The potty, and you (well, if your name is Orren).

After days of being accident-free, Orren started having nothing but accidents. This continued for a couple days, and then yesterday, I got the brilliant idea to take away his training pants and have him run around naked instead. The minute I did that, he was 100% again. This is day 2 of naked, and we're still 100% on pottying.

I think we're going to just have to get him regular undies. (Some have proposed we get him COL Joe underoos! Our Garrison Commander has enough of a following these days that the running joke is that someone's going to make COL Joe merchandise before long.) My logic behind the regular undies idea is that I think he started using his training pants like diapers because they have a hidden layer of PUL (PUL is waterproof fabric, like what diaper covers are made of) so they catch small accidents semi-well. Regular undies have nothing like that, so he would get really soaked if he just went in them even though he knows better, and he probably wouldn't do that more than once or twice before getting the idea that he needs to go in the potty even if he's not naked.

So I guess today's quest is for COL Joe underoos in Orren's size! OK, so I think Spiderman will probably suffice. ;-)

No comments: