Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moving, moving....

Tonight, Thak meets with our builder to discuss the details of when we are moving into our new house. He's going to try to get our move in date for as soon as possible. Like, if he'll give us the keys tomorrow, we'd take them. Of course it's not going to be tomorrow, but hopefully it will be soon. One of the guys in Thak's unit who lives across the street from our house said there have been crews there a lot, so it should be ready for us really soon. I really want them to put a rush on it, but I'm sure Thak will discuss that with them tonight. (I'm not going because it's my friend K's last night in El Paso, and a bunch of people are going out to dinner. He can handle this one on his own.)

The reason I'm so adamant about getting moved ASAP is because we got the clear out list from our landlord yesterday, and wow. It has "I will screw you" written all over it. There is a lot we have to do, and I have a feeling that no matter how much we do, they're still going to screw us. We paid a TON of deposits on this place, and I will honestly be shocked if we see any of it back. We really NEED it back, so we're going to try hard, but the whole tone of that letter and clear out list pretty much struck me as "We are going to screw you." No, seriously, I got more respect from my Drill Sergeant on the first day of Basic than that letter had in it. We're going to do our best, though. I told Thak to call glass contractors to fix the broken panes in the back door. His response was to fall asleep on the couch. I have a feeling this is process is mine. Fun times.

So the really big jobs are to find a glass contractor who can come and fix those two broken panes of glass, to scrub all the tile grout (Yes, it says that on this assholish check list. My house is like 1600 square feet, just about nothing but tile. That's gonna be insane.), get a carpet cleaner to come do the bedrooms, do the oven, and somehow make that scrubby yard presentable. There's about a ton of other smaller stuff. Of course, the garage has to get into pristine condition, too, which is going to be extra fun. I am NOT doing the garage. Thak will do that. No doubt in my mind.

So yeah, that's where we are. We're hoping to be out of this place ASAP, but no matter what, we WILL be out of here, and into our new house, within the next 2 weeks.

No comments: