Sunday, October 30, 2011

Four covers for four cymbals.

It was a bit symbolic, but recently, I sold my last four diaper covers in a size Small to a friend who lives out of state. With the money in my paypal account, I purchased a set of Saroyan Zills. Those are finger cymbals that you use while belly dancing.

Dancing is the first thing I've done in years that was just for me. For the longest, everything was for the kids, or for Thak, or for the kids and Thak... I had no hobbies, no outside interests, nothing. There was really no space or time for that. Then this dance thing sort of came to me, and I gave it a try because a lot of my friends love it. Turns out that I love it, too, and it's great for me. It's fun, of course, and it gives a lot of confidence. It's gotten me sort of out of the house, and to do something that I do, not just what the kids do.

It also kind of marks the first step out of the baby phase, for good. Of course, we still have a ways to go for Chai to be a baby, but he's not in a size Small in diapers anymore, so that's one small step along the way. Previously, whenever I have sold diapers, I have bought more. Now, I don't have to. I have no reason to. I sell them, and I use that money for something else, something for the next phase.

Four diaper covers for four brass finger cymbals. Good trade.

No comments: