Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Crazy Lady:

I know we live in the world where nothing we ever do is good enough. Yes, I cleaned my floor with bleach today. I'm sick as hell, and the house felt ill to me. Bleach kills illnesses. Yes, I'm aware that bleach is a harsh chemical. You know what? Look in my freezer, and you will find grass-fed, organic meat. Look in my refrigerator, and you will find about half/half organic and local produce (the local is not organic. The organic is not local.) Look in my cleaning cabinet, and you will find all "green" cleaners, or spray bottles with vinegar. I don't use paper products other than toilet paper in this house. My toddler is in cloth diapers. My kids even ride in non-toxic carseats.

I'm 99% sure that my one washing of my diseased floors with a solution of bleach and water, did not expose my family to a fractions as many toxins as the average Wal-Mart shopping, crap eating, mainstream-cleaners-100%-of-the-time, family. We're not going to die of clean floors.

Yes, I'm aware that there are all-natural things that work just as well. I don't have any, and I feel like straight up SHIT. I'm not leaving the house, dragging two kids with me, all the way across town and through the mountain pass (where we've had a lot of stray bullets from the Mexico side lately, actually) just to avoid bleaching my floors.

Take a hike.

Love,
Me.

No comments: