Monday, September 13, 2010

The Moscow Ballet is coming!

I just heard on the radio that tickets went on sale for the Moscow Ballet's presentation of the Nutcracker here in town. There are two shows, and they're both on the 23rd of December. I just looked up the tickets, and WOW! They're expensive! Of course, not all of them are, but I don't think Erin would enjoy it too much if she couldn't see the stage very well, so we can't too well just do the cheap seats. The really good seats are almost $100 each. Maybe I'll try to get us something in the center, but back a little, for $50-70 each, and hope for the best.

On the good side, I'm 100% sure Thak and Orren will not enjoy the ballet, and Thak will be on break from school then (or at least I think he will be) so he'll be able to watch Orren while I take Erin to the ballet, thus making it so we only have to buy two tickets.

I hope they have some left after a little while, though. This next pay period is already so expensive since we have to buy Erin a violin and also pay for Thak's next round of ASE exams. Ballet tickets will have to wait, but this is El Paso, not NYC. They can't sell out THAT fast, can they? I don't think they will. I think we'll get in.... even if it is in the cheap seats. It'll still be cool no matter what.

No comments: