Monday, October 18, 2010

Dude, just stop it now.

How long until we're done with this Army crap? I'm really sick of the BS, just the human side of it really... It's just like, every time anything happens, if I say something about it to a peer, whether via social media or at a coffee, or anything, there's always some lower-enlisted wife who has to weigh in with her two cents. They can't ever just say, "Oh, I heard this" either. They have to say, "NO! YOU'RE WRONG!" and then state the latest lower-enlisted rumor, which is absolutely never true. It's so annoying. I always say, Officers run on ideas, NCO's run on facts, and lower-enlisted soldiers run on rumors. It really is true if you think about it. The Officers think of the stuff (usually with their senior NCO's to advise), then the information is given to the NCO's to implement. The lower-enlisted role is to follow. They have no need for much information. They only need to know where to be, what time, the appropriate uniform, and what to bring. Their wives don't get that, though. They think the rumor they heard from their husband, who heard it from PVT Smith, who heard it from PFC Jones, who heard it from SPC Snuffy, is just as good as what my husband was told by a Colonel in the Command and Staff meeting last week. It's just very annoying. Let's just say, I don't go trying to contradict the Major's wife, because she has a direct link to a higher source of information than I do. This isn't offensive. It is a fact.

It reminds me of when I was at Ft. Stewart and some idiot lower-enlisted wife called me almost every single day, and in addition to trying to advise me on what baby gear I'd need for Orren (guess she forgot I already had a kid??) she liked to say things like, "Hate to break it to you, but unless Thak goes to a new brigade, he'll be leaving for Afghanistan next month." Mind you, at this point, he'd been home from Iraq for about 3 months, and there were no orders to be found anywhere, and he'd just been promoted out of every slot for his field on that post, so we knew we were leaving anyhow, and at that point, really did not care who deployed where, or when, from that division since we were on our way out. Even so, it was super annoying to always have this lower-enlisted wife, like a barking dog, saying shit like, "I hate to break it to you..." and following it up with the latest barracks rumor. It was not cool.

Next time one does that, I'm going to look her straight in the eye (or pretend to if it's virtual), and say, "How the hell would you know??" and then wait for an answer. I swear common sense is just about dead when we have lower-enlisted wives constantly trying to tell NCO wives what's up. It's not at all cool. We don't do that to them... although we legitimately could. What the hell makes them think they have the right? I've just had enough of it. They're everywhere, and they're so obnoxious.

No comments: