Thursday, October 14, 2010

VDF School Does Halloween

So I thought I was really slick this year. I got out of making costumes by buying them for the first time in my entire life. Nope. Not so. Mr. M sent a note home yesterday that the school will be doing a living wax museum role play on the 29th (the last school day before Halloween) and that the theme is Greek Mythology. Erin, of course, has been cast as Aphrodite. Therefore, I get to make an Aphrodite costume this weekend.

That is what I get for thinking I got out of making costumes this year. But hey, at least they're letting the kids dress up and do something fun on the last day before Halloween. Erin will be bringing her lines home soon, which she will have to memorize. It's kind of cute the way they're doing it. The kids will all be set up, just posed, like figures in a wax museum, and they'll have a "button" (a sticker, basically) on their hand that people can push, and then they say their lines. It's a cute idea for a living visual art project for kids. I know they'll have fun with it.

No comments: