Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We will soon be a violin-free household.

Erin told me today that she wants to quit violin. She said her teacher yelled at her for nearly dropping her violin because she was trying to get her bow in her hand right. Um, that's a pretty honest mistake there. Why you yelling at my kid, lady?

We've paid through February, and just received the official contract for the year, so I'm pretty sure we can get out of doing it after February by just not signing the contract. I'm going to call the school tomorrow, though, and be sure. I REALLY want her out of that class. That teacher is foul.

What is it with violin teachers, really? I can think of several I've met whom I would not even think of putting out if I saw them on fire, and far more I'd probably put out, but with something like sewage. In general, I really do not like violin teachers.

It's a bit of a relief to me that Erin doesn't want to continue with this. I knew this teacher was a bitch from the day she sent home a note, after being told by Erin that we had been around to every music store in town, and had not yet found a violin in her size, saying simply, "Erin needs a 1/4 size violin for class." Really? No shit, Sherlock. Why else do you think I've been running around all afternoon for weeks trying to find one? Not my fault that they're apparently nonexistent in this city. Anyhow, an exorbitant amount of overnight shipping charges later, we had Erin's violin, and teacherzilla played nice until today, minus bringing the kids out late to pick-up every class day, despite Mr. M telling her repeatedly what time they needed to be out there. (He told me that today as I was waiting, that he'd reminded her several times to get them out there on time, and that he didn't know why they were still late.)

So yeah, I told Erin she has to stick with it until February since we already paid for that, but after that, there will be no more violin in this house unless she changes her mind between here and there, and teacherzilla decides to behave.

No comments: