Sunday, October 3, 2010

Forget the cartel. Fear the other parents!

This has OFFICIALLY become the worst birthday ever. Some crazy lady just called the police because Erin was outside riding her bike on the sidewalk and I wasn't out there with her. OK, let's get the facts straight on this. Erin is 7 years old. She earned this privilege like two weeks ago. Her boundaries are the space in front of our yard, plus one mailbox in either direction. She knows this. She does great with it. If I step out the door, I can see her. Just because this crazy woman didn't SEE me out there WITH Erin all the time, she called the police. What the hell is her problem?!

I get it. Erin looks younger than she is, but seriously, get the facts BEFORE calling the police. If you're going to walk your crazy ass over to my house and inform me that you called the police because my daughter was playing outside, you could have walked your crazy ass over here and asked how old she was, because frankly, I'd LOVE to meet the 7-year-old who isn't allowed to play in their own front yard. I'd also LOVE to meet the parent who totally helicopters their 7-year-old.

I'm so pissed. I mean, really? My kid was out riding her bike, and that's worth calling the police over? Screw you! I am NOT a negligent parent, as crazy lady was implying when she came over here and was all, "Your kid was unattended. I didn't see you out there with her." Well, no shit, sherlock! I had other stuff to do. I check on her periodically. She is SEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!! It's not like I have a preschooler out there or something. I would bet this woman has no children over the age of 3. It's always the toddler parents who do this stupid shit. I'm so over being told how to raise my kid by people who have NO IDEA what it's like to have a school-age child. Giving advice on these things when you haven't been there is stupid. Calling the police because someone dared to let their kid grow up, is ASSHOLISH.

No comments: