Saturday, October 9, 2010

We're going to the ballet!

We ordered our tickets today for the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker! It is coming to El Paso on December 23 for two shows only! We are going to the early one. We just found out that one of the girls from Erin's dance school was cast in two roles (apparently they use some local dancers for smaller roles in the production) so that is also very cool. She is not in Erin's class, as she's a couple years older and has been dancing for longer, but it's still exciting that someone from Elite is going to be on stage with the Moscow Ballet. (Also tells me that we've got our kid at the right dance school! Who says that won't be Erin up there in a few years?)

So yeah, it will be Thak's first time ever going to the ballet. Of course, it will be Erin's and Orren's, too. I'm pretty sure Thak figured he'd wear his usual jeans and t-shirt, but I told him otherwise. He and Orren will definitely require new clothes. I've already got a nice red dress for Erin, and I've surely got something for myself, so that will be easy. It'll be fun. Our daughter is a ballerina. We can't NOT take her to see this. It will be something she never forgets. She was so excited when I told her we got tickets!

No comments: