Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dogs for karma?

Today when Thak was leaving for work, he found two puppies under my car. He put food and water out there for them, then came back in and told me to take them to the backyard when I had time. I hoped I had dreamed it, and that there really weren't two puppies under my car. What were we going to do with two more animals, when we already are so strapped for cash, and already have two pets to worry about?

When I got up, I went out to the car, and sure enough, there were two puppies under there. Shit. I put them in the backyard, and set up a play yard thing so that they wouldn't be loose with Frank just in case they have any kind of illness that he could catch. While I was setting that up, one of the puppies disappeared, so I just put the one of them in there.

Thak called and asked if I had put the puppies in the backyard yet, and I told him that I had. He said he is almost sure that this is a test for us, that we have a real opportunity here to put out good energy and maybe get some good energy back, and that it's good for our karma to do the right thing for these dogs. I know he's right.

No, we can't keep them, and I don't know that I'd want to even if we could. Three dogs would be a lot, and these appear to be some type of hound, so they're probably going to be big. We really can't let them stay here. I had to think hard about what to do. El Paso has such a huge pet problem that dogs brought to animal control only get a day to be adopted before they're euthanized. Those are not good odds. Taking them there has to be a last resort. I took some pictures of the one I was able to pen up, and posted them online. Turns out a friend of a friend is looking for a dog, and might be willing to take him. They may be coming by today to have a look. If they don't take him, I'll put him on craigslist and see how that goes.

**THIS JUST IN**

I just got a text from the friend whose roomie was considering the dog. They're on their way to come get him!!!

All's well that ends well. This dog has found a home. Thank goodness!

No comments: