Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pssst! Look to your left!

Right there, in the sidebar! Look! Do you see what I see?? Yup, that's a new breastfeeding achievement ribbon! We have now made it three months breastfeeding. This is 12 times as long as I have ever made it before, and I am so proud and happy that we have done it this time. Three times is the charm, I suppose!

This also means that I am halfway to my initial breastfeeding goal of six months. Now, I feel great about it. Even though Chai is still nursing pretty much constantly, I know we will make six months, and probably far longer. I don't see us stopping before about 2 years, honestly, unless he wants to. I'm in no rush to wean. I feel great, it's gotten so easy, plus my boobs look amazing. (No, really... I'm going to buy some just like this when I finish nursing... just as soon as I hit the lottery. They're amazing, exactly the size I always wanted, a perfect 34B.)

I still notice a big difference in Chai compared to Erin and Orren at comparable age. He never spits up. He has literally spit up twice in his life, and both times, it was after being fed formula, when he was very young. He literally never spits up. He sleeps amazingly well, straight through the night every night (which is why I'm pumping right now, at this exact moment. I pump at midnight every night so Chai's great sleeping doesn't hurt my supply.)

So yes, I still think this is GREAT! I am so glad I stuck it out this time, and wish I had the other two times... well, at least with Orren, not so much Erin. But with Chai, I know that I finally WILL succeed. No shoulda, coulda, woulda. We are three months in, and doing fabulously.

No comments: