Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's rodeo time!!!

El Paso gets AMAZING rodeo events every now and again. No, maybe not as many as some other parts of Texas, but enough. Some very famous cowboys are from here (One would be world champion bull rider Tuff Hedeman.) so when they have events, they often make a stop in El Paso. Well, anyhow, there is one like that coming to El Paso in just a few weeks!! AAAHHHHH!!! I need tickets!!! I have to wait until the first, but I am SO getting us rodeo tickets. It's a world champion level bull riding event (no, not the championships themselves. That is always in Vegas. This event will feature several previous world champions, though, so it's going to be AMAZING!!)

It's so funny that the first thing I thought of was, "Oh no. What am I going to wear??" because seriously, my maternity wardrobe is pretty minimal to begin with, and absolutely nothing is rodeo-worthy. So how freaking cool is it that I found that a store we had a gift card for anyhow, sells jeans online in long lengths? (That was the big problem. I can't wear my boots with any of the jeans I have because all anyone sells in store is regular length, and they are so short.) Oh, AND they sell real sizes, and go down to a 4! I always hate the Small-Medium-Large sizing of most affordable maternity brands because their "small" is about a size 8 in the hips and butt, which is too big for me. So I ordered this really hot pair of boot cut maternity jeans, in a size 4 Long, and just waited for the message that they were unavailable to flash across the screen. Low and behold, they weren't even back ordered!! Amazing!! Pair these with my boots, and then a black cami under one of Thak's vintage western shirts, with my big turquoise necklace, and I think I know what I'm wearing.

Thak said next we have to get the kids some hats and boots. They are going to be so adorable! I just hope all the cheap tickets aren't sold out by the time we get around to ordering!! This is going to be so much fun. I just hope Erin doesn't ruin it with her "gimme gimme" attitude. We're really trying to get her to the point that she can go places without automatically expecting to have stuff bought for her when we're there. Thak's idea is to never go anywhere (Shocking, right?) because if we simply don't go, then that's punishment for automatically expecting an expensive trip to the gift shop every time we set foot anywhere that has one. Sure, it's a fitting punishment, but it punishes all of us, and that's not right. I say we have to take her to places and not buy her anything so that she sees it can be done, and realizes that she can have fun without having stuff bought for her every time she turns around. Right now, it's a difficult phase, because she gets REALLY mad, as if we don't love her since we're not buying her stuff all the time. I just hope she doesn't ruin the rodeo for us the way she ruined the zoo this past weekend. If we can keep her attitude in check, it will definitely be a lot of fun.

No comments: