Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Tea Party is scary. Admit it.

Republican friends, you guys need to own this one, and start to police up your own. Stop denying that the Tea Party is all that bad, and saying wishy washy bullshit like "all parties have their extremists". While it is true that there are extremists of every leaning, we all know that the Tea Party is the most pervasive in recent years. Trying to pass this stuff off as anything else is absolutely insane.

For one, I would think Republicans would be more pissed with these Tea Party clowns than anyone else. After all, they claim to be Republicans! If I were a Republican, that would really piss me off. I wouldn't want those people claiming to be like me. If you actually look at what the ideals of that party are supposed to be, I'd say a solid 75% of people who claim affiliation with it have no business doing that, but the Tea Party is in basically the top 1% of that. Why do you defend these whackos? They're dragging your party down. Oust them! Let them know they don't represent you! Let Sarah Palin know she's nuts for being involved with this thing, and at the same time, portraying herself as a Republican politician! That's what I'd do if I were a Republican.

However, I am not a Republican. I am a third party type.... and don't you know that makes me a little crazy by default. OK, not really, but most people don't really get it when someone refuses to file him/herself neatly into the two party dichotomy. I lean mostly Libertarian, and you know who else claimed to? Timothy McVeigh, that Unibomber guy whose name I never spell right, and the majority of crazy militia members. My whole thing is that when these people did (or do) something idiotic, violent, and disgraceful, I didn't (or don't) sit there and say, "Oh, well, there are extremists on every side of the political spectrum." No. I say, "Wow. That guy (or those guy) is (or are) nuts. I want you to know, that's NOT what Libertarians are like, and I hate when people like that use this party affiliation as an excuse for doing stuff that deprives others of liberty, thus flying in the face of every one of the most important ideals of Libertarianism." Why can't the Republicans do the same when these Tea Party clowns drag their name through the mud? Why can't they acknowledge that what Sarah Palin is doing is completely extreme, and has actually done them a great disservice?

Instead of saying stupid and mostly irrelevant things to those of us who see this for what it is (talking about how PETA blows up science labs and stuff, even though PETA claims no political affiliation), why not acknowledge the situation, and maybe try to fix it? Sure, one person can't fix it, and honestly, 100 people probably wouldn't fix it, but if people began to just not accept this Tea Party crap, and said, "Yeah, I know. I can't believe those idiots." when people mentioned it, they would actually bring a lot more credit to their party than they do when they more or less side with the Tea Party by making wishy washy statements and defending Sarah Palin.

Common sense. Get some.

No comments: