Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Murphy's Law of Craigslist!

I found the bassinet and swing I was wanting on Craigslist for $250 together, which is a great deal since they're in excellent condition. They always do this a week before payday! And during the week when we've got to buy Erin's ballet recital costumes... Go figure.

Although, on the bright side, this stuff is never going to sell in El Paso. Nobody buys any of the stuff on there that's not totally lowball. (It bodes horribly for me when it comes time to sell my baby stuff, of course, but it's good for me as a buyer.) My stroller was on Craigslist for four months before I finally bought it. Orren's Plasmacar was on there for a super long time, too (it wasn't even expensive either!) This stuff will be there next month.

In case you were wondering what it is, here:

Fisher Price Zen Collection Swing
Fisher Price Zen Collection Bassinet

We already have the high chair from this collection, and it's gorgeous and very good quality. We want the swing to match for sure, and were considering the bassinet as well. To get both would be amazing. I guess we'll see if the listing holds. Maybe they'll even drop the price after a few weeks! Oh well.... not pushing my luck. I just thought it was so funny. You never see this stuff in this city. Everyone uses those death trap $100 bassinets from Wal Mart, and the swings that break after a few months. To find the Zen ones here was a pleasant surprise. I hope I get them!!! I think I will.

No comments: