Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here is your lesson for today:

I'm so sick of everyone saying this baby has to be a girl because of the way I'm carrying him/her. I always point to the fact that I've carried all three pregnancies exactly the same way, and ask them to explain Orren, because he's definitely a boy.

The way a baby is carried has everything to do with the mom's body shape and composition, and absolutely nothing to do with the baby's gender. I'm generally of the thin persuasion. I'm not going to carry a baby low and wide. My body type would never produce that. I could have twins in there and STILL not carry in such a manner to make people think "boy". Although, if I did have twins, I can only imagine the comments I'd get, because as anyone who's generally on the small side, and has large babies can attest, toward the end, nobody ever believes there could be only one in there, and nobody's particularly shy about pointing that out.

I think it's just because I want the baby to be another boy, because it would honestly be so much more practical at this point, that it's just irritating that everyone I know is insisting that it's a girl, and for the stupidest reasons, too. No, I don't carry like this because it's a girl. I carry like this because of my body type. True story. I've never liked old wives' tales, urban legends, and the like.

No comments: