Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still not pleased with her.

In thinking on the conversation with Urkle's mom yesterday, when she was telling me how inappropriate it was for me to yell at him, I just am not happy with how it went. I definitely know where the little shit gets it from, and there are so many things I would have said to her in retrospect. I also realize that she essentially denied that he did what he did.

She actually said that she thought it was ok that he was "borrowing" Erin's scooter from our yard, while we weren't home. No. Where I come from, when you go to someone's house when they're not there, and take something without their permission, that's called a few things, but borrowing isn't one of them. Stealing, robbery, larceny... all of these come to mind. I came home caught the kid riding away from our house on Erin's scooter as fast as he could go. I caught him red handed. That's not "borrowing", and it's definitely not the same as when all the kids are outside and they play on each other's bikes and scooters, like she stated.

Also, I wonder why she was shocked that this happened. She claims she's always outside with the kids (which is BS, by the way. I NEVER see her outside.) Well, if she were, she would know that her kid is universally disliked by everybody in the entire neighborhood. When he comes up to a group, everybody goes, "Urkle, go home." or, "Aw crap...." NOBODY likes this kid. It shouldn't be shocking that someone (namely, me) finally said something about it.

Finally, she said Erin does the same annoying shit that her kid does? No. No she doesn't. We have explicitly told Erin NOT to do the things that Urkle does that drive us nuts. She would NEVER run up to people as soon as they get home. We caught her riding her scooter in someone's driveway ONCE, and put an end to that. We see what she does, and she's not allowed to terrorize the neighborhood. Any kid will turn into a pain in the ass if you let them. Any kid can do better if you nip that type of behavior in the bud, as we have. We simply don't assume that the entire world will accept our kid for the wild savage she'd raise herself to be if we did nothing about anything, so we do this wild crazy thing called parenting, and make her act like a decent member of society. She steps out of line, she gets grounded. I have NEVER seen Urkle get grounded or punished in any way whatsoever, but I've seen him do more stupid crap than any other kid here.

I stand by what I said. The kid had it coming. If his parent (and he really only has one, because his stepdad is so obviously powerless to do anything in that house) had dealt with him, I wouldn't have had to. I hope they get stationed somewhere next with no private school anywhere near for that kid to hide in anymore. This one needs to be taken down a peg or ten, and it's not going to happen at home.

On a good note, Thak saw that they were outside, but went in when they saw Erin go outside to play after ballet last night. Maybe we really won't have to deal with them anymore. I'm still mad at Urkle's mom for actually thinking her little bastard was in the right, and actually thinking it was wrong of me to deal with him myself. (And she honestly thought I'd care that his feelings were hurt? Seriously? That was the idea. The kid takes a bigger hammer, let's just say.) I guess I just wish that she saw how much he had pushed us to our limit, and that that's why this happened, that we just were pushed to this point by having to deal with him, that they never gave us a choice, every time we were outside, we had to deal with him. That's not nice. That's not acceptable. Honestly, THAT'S what's inappropriate. Erin knows she's not to just go and randomly impose on people just because they happen to live near us. We have the concept of boundaries. I wish I'd put it to her that way.

No comments: