Saturday, May 14, 2011

I don't want to.

We only get one day for weekends these days because until Thak goes on flat rate, we need him to work as much overtime as possible. I am exhausted. I just want to pass out and fall asleep for days. I also have about a million things I want to do that require Thak, and he is never here. It's ok. It's a temporary situation, and it's worthwhile. It's just not easy at all right now.

So when a friend asked me if her daughter could come over for a sleepover, I didn't want to say yes, because honestly, ANOTHER kid to deal with is the last thing I want, when I would honestly kill for a break from my own kids, which of course, nobody seems to be jumping to give me. I said yes, though, because I figured she had something to go and do, and I didn't want her to be in a bind. I also know that maybe I'll need someone to watch my kids one of these days, and it's kind of like paying it forward. When I found out that, in fact, they really don't have any real need of a babysitter, that they'd just promised this kid that she'd get to go somewhere this weekend and the original arrangement had fallen through, I kind of wished she'd told me that in the first place. I couldn't really back out at that point. I'd already said yes, so I was stuck.

So here I am, 38 weeks pregnant, exhausted, sore from head to toe, and wanting nothing more than a break, and waiting for the doorbell to ring with my bonus child for the night and god knows how much of tomorrow (remember, tomorrow is our ONLY day off). She's not a bad kid. Don't get me wrong. She doesn't trash stuff any worse than Erin does, and she's not disrespectful or anything, but she's very, well, high energy. Like I said, it's really not a bad thing, but really? If it weren't for the fact that Erin would be extremely disappointed, I would honestly hope they forgot. (I'm starting to think they did. They're an hour late already. I hope they didn't, because like I said, Erin would be heartbroken, but man, the timing of this thing sucks worse than most things I've ever seen.)

No comments: