Thursday, December 9, 2010

Three Scrooges and a naked Ewok

Have you ever seen the website, www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com? Man, it's awesome. Seriously, nothing but laughs from beginning to end. Well, the other day, I found something I would submit if it were mine.

OK, so the girl whose kids these were is kind of kooky to begin with. She has a million kids, wants more, can't handle the ones she's got, and is frankly kind of an attention whore. She's always having family pictures taken I know, I know... I should again soon, too, but seriously, there are NO good photographers here. I've looked at all the local photographers' portfolios and I just don't love anyone's style. I got spoiled at Ft. Stewart. That place had more talent than it could hold. OK, anyhow, this girl has family photos taken like every week or something, and they're always a little kooky, because well, she's a little kooky, but this time, she's outdone herself. I'm not going to post the photos here because they're not mine, but let me just see if words can do this stuff justice.

OK, so picture the kids, 8-year-old girl, 6-year-old boy, 3-year-old boy, and a baby girl. They look about typical except the baby who is ridiculously fat. I mean, there are fat babies, then there is this one. Buddha called and told this kid to trim down. No kidding.

The older three are in those old flannel nightgowns and these really long hats... it was straight out of the Ebeneezer Scrooge collection. Definitely NOT cute. Add to that, the baby was dressed like I don't know what the hell... it looked like a half naked Ewok! I mean, there was fur, and it was not a lot of clothing, and honestly, I just kind of got lost at that point. The poses, oh the poses! So awkward! I mean, the kids were like piled up on each other in some haphazard way that was supposed to make them look like they were eagerly anticipating Christmas, but instead, they looked like a pile of flannel with a sprinkling of Ewok fur... with heads. Not to mention, the expressions on their faces clearly said, "You've really done it this time, mom. What the hell am I wearing?"

I couldn't stop laughing. It's so bad. I think I, too, shall add a naked Ewok to my list of articles of Christmas cheer from here forward.

No comments: