Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby update!

We had another great appointment with Alyson today, and the baby is doing wonderfully. He/she was very active, but we did eventually corner him/her long enough to get a heartbeat reading. It was 148 bpm!! That's a fast heart rate, very good.

I still think the baby's a girl. We all do. We are having an ultrasound in one month to find out, though! Alyson said she can do it for us at the birth center, so that's what we're going to do. We'll still probably do a 3D one, the one where the baby looks like it's made of clay, but we'll wait maybe another month or two for that one. One of the places that does them is like half a mile from our house, so we'll probably just go there.

Also, I got a lot of answers on my supplement questions. My probiotic (which I take to reduce my chances of carrying Group B Strep like I did with my first two pregnancies) was making me very nauseous, and Alyson told me that I don't actually have to take it every day if it's not working for me, and also how to time the doses better to reduce the chances of becoming nauseous from it. That was good. I'm glad I don't have to get a whole new probiotic because the one I got was not cheap, and really, none are the others, so it's good to at least get to use what I bought. I also will start taking tincture of Yellow Dock to prevent anemia now so that I only have to take it a couple times a week, rather than taking it a couple times a day to treat anemia after it develops, like I had to do when I was pregnant with Orren. It's good to only have to take it a couple times a week because it tastes like grass clippings. It works great, though, so I'm glad to know about it.

So yeah, everything's great, and we're in the countdown to knowing whether we are having Chaiyo David or Sirikit Clare! I can't wait to find out! It's going to be time before we know it! This is going by so fast.

No comments: