Friday, February 4, 2011

Of not finding out...

The main reason people give for wanting to find out before the baby is born, whether it's a boy or a girl, is so they can buy gender-specific stuff, because a lot of people think that all gender-neutral stuff is just boring, yellow and green, and won't look very cute on any baby. I have been on a quest for the past few days, since we decided not to find out, to dispel that myth, and WOW have I ever succeeded!!

Things I've ordered so far:

Three Minnesota Vikings onesies. (Purple is SO gender-neutral.)
Two Gen-Y diaper covers, one in a beautiful koi fish print, and the other identical to Orren's sushi one, just in a size Small for the baby.

I also made my Cottonbabies.com registry. It hasn't posted yet (they have to create them manually, so they take a week or so to post) but they had some really adorable gender-neutral stuff! I registered for two jammies in various shades of brown, one in a willow branch print, and the others in a leaves and bark print. I found a onesie with alligators on it, and a footie outfit with multi-colored lions, too. These things are adorable!! They are also very gender-neutral! Of course, I also registered for some diaper covers, in green and orange, and some pocket diapers in prints I don't have yet. It's an entire gender-neutral registry, and it's NOT boring in the least.

It's amazing how not hard this is. I thought it was going to be very challenging, but it's not at all. There is so much cute gender-neutral stuff out there for anyone willing to look outside of the typical sources. Sure, the stuff you find at Carters for gender-unknown babies may be very boring, but if you go off the beaten path, there is SO much!! Gender-neutral colors are pretty much everything but pink, so that means the majority of the stuff in the world is, in fact, gender-neutral.

No comments: