Saturday, February 26, 2011

Still so much to do

I got a few things done today. I got Erin's outgrown clothes that we're sending to Ft. Bragg all boxed up and ready to go (a certain friend's youngest daughter is going to be a very stylin' little girl come spring time!!) and the rest of the stuff (because you know I only give my friends the very best) is headed for Goodwill tomorrow morning. Erin's clothes are pretty much processed through. I got all the laundry in her room done.... that'll last for a day. She has remarkably few clothes left, but it works for her because they all fit in her drawers more easily now and she can find stuff even though organizational skills totally do not come to her at all. (We've tried to teach her 100 times that pants and skirts go in one drawer, undies and socks in another, shirts in another, jammies in another, ballet stuff in another, and school uniforms in the last one, but she just doesn't get it.) Even though Erin's room is, frankly, a pigsty right now, I'm going to call it good for the moment because I've gotten rid of a TON of stuff out of there, and that was the goal.

Next up, I've got to do Orren's stuff. We're not getting rid of anything of his, just in case this baby is a boy, because then we'd just have to buy again. What we're doing is packing up all his outgrown stuff in tuffboxes. There's a lot more stuff that has just been lingering in his dresser for months, and can totally get packed up in the tuffboxes. That's for tomorrow.

Also hopefully tomorrow, I can get Thak to actually help me a little and get me some boxes, and I will pack up all my clothes that I'm not wearing right now. I honestly could do with packing all my maternity clothes off to the nearest consignment shop since I really need to go up a size, but we can't really go shopping right now, so I have to just stick with it for the time being, and pack up my non-maternity stuff in boxes to go to the new house.

I could probably also pack up most of the decor type of stuff, and at least half the cookware, and more than 3/4 of the stuff in the linen closets, as well as the entire hall closet (my craft stuff). I really need some boxes. There is a lot I can get done if I have some boxes.

What I am NOT doing is going through that garage. That is seriously the worst, and yes, I am procrastinating, but oh well.

Notable things I still have to do:

Find a glass contractor to fix the broken panes of glass in the back door (because really, this landlord will PILLAGE our security deposit over something like that, and I don't know.... I'd kind of like our money back if at all possible).

Find a carpet cleaning service to come and do our bedrooms (and really, I'd like one that cleans microfiber, too so I can get the couch and chair done as well while they're here).

Go through the playroom and figure out what toys stay and what ones go.

Clean the yard.

Put in 30 days notice on the house on Tuesday.

With luck, I can do all that this coming week. We obviously won't have the carpet cleaners come yet since we're still here a few more weeks, but we can at least schedule them to make sure we can get them here when we need them. Hopefully we CAN get the glass contractors here ASAP.

No comments: