Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is why you're fat, America.

I know why Americans are huge compared to the rest of the world. It is all clear to me after looking everywhere for recipes for good casseroles and other food items to freeze for after the birth. I even made the mistake of polling my friends. This made it even more apparent. Every single thing has condensed soup in it. Have you ever read the ingredients for condensed soup? You should. You will not be able to pronounce at least half of them. It's total artificial garbage, the kind of stuff that stores itself in your cells and makes your body stage a big coup against your conscious efforts to not become enormous.

Seriously, America, ditch the condensed soup. Have you ever actually taken the time to taste that stuff in the first place? It tastes like garbage. (Shocking.) How it became such a pervasive ingredient in our nation's kitchens is beyond my comprehension.

Repeat after me: "Simple white sauce." Butter, flour, milk. This will give the same consistency as condensed soup. It's a half decent substitute in some recipes, although it's rather hit or miss which ones.

No comments: