Wednesday, April 6, 2011

32 weeks?! Yes, 32 weeks. Wow!

So we went to our 32 week appointment with Alyson today. We went into the birth center this time for a couple reasons. For one, she has had to cover for one of the staff midwives who had a major family emergency and had to leave town, so she was taking appointments all day, and really could not get out to do in-home appointments like usual. For another, I requested an iron test, just because I've had symptoms of severe anemia over the past week, although it's improved a lot as of today. But I wanted to go to the birth center anyhow, just to get my iron levels checked to see if I was right.

On the anemia, I was right. My levels were slightly above a 10, which is low, but not shockingly. They'll come back up. They already are. I can feel it. Nobody is particularly worried about it. If we're still that low in a month, then we'll think about worrying a little. They won't be that low in a month. I guarantee it.

I also weighed myself for the first time this pregnancy. Alyson was curious to see how much I had gained, and I am rather indifferent to the idea of being weighed, so I went for it. I haven't even gained 30 pounds. I was surprised to see that! I'll probably gain just 40 in the end like I did with the other two. I was surprised. I thought for sure I'd gained a lot more than that because I feel like frickin Jabba the Hut over here. Goes to show, all things are relative.

Otherwise, everything is going well. The baby is still big, strong, and growing well, and everything is moving along perfectly in the right direction. We ordered our homebirth kit today, paid off all but a couple hundred of Alyson's fees, and when we came home from picking Erin up from school (after our appointment at the birth center) we found the baby's crib bedding on our doorstep! Honestly, all we need is a few more gender-neutral outfits in probably a size 0-3, to pay off the very last of Alyson's fees, and to fill the freezer with casseroles and stuff like that. Once we do that, we're all ready for Chaiyo or Sirikit to make his/her grand entrance whenever he/she may want (after 38 weeks, of course.... but that's never been an issue).

No comments: