Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Impatient.

I want the grass seeds to sprout NOW. We got the backyard all seeded in yesterday, meaning that me, Thak, and Orren spent the morning picking rocks out of the dirt, and then Thak put down the fertilizer and seeds with the spreader. We've been keeping it well watered, so hopefully it sprouts before long. I can't wait to see green out there!!

This morning, we planted our veggie garden. Yesterday, Thak made all the rows, and they looked good. We planted tomatoes and cucumbers along the rock walls so they'd have something to lean on, and will also probably get some flat trellises for them to go along the walls as well. No need for cages. They take up too much space. Otherwise, we planted peppers, lettuce, carrots, beans, and sunflowers. Hopefully the stuff sprouts soon. I want to see green in my yard!! Well, we see a little green anyhow.... the tomato plants and pepper plants are green. It's an improvement already.

Now the decision is mostly what to do next. I want to make another raised bed kind of across from the first one, under me and Thak's bedroom window, for flowers and herbs. That would be pretty easy to do. I also want to paint the kids' rooms, though. Both of these things would cost about the same thing, so in other words, they're both pretty cheap. We just have to decide what's next. There's a lot to do with making a brand new house into our own home!

I would post pics, but I still have no idea what box my camera ended up in.

Oh, and we STILL haven't moved the majority of our stuff in from the garage. I seriously see us getting rid of a lot. It's amazing how less trashed the place gets when there's so much less stuff in it, and we really hardly miss the stuff we haven't brought in yet. Sure, there are a few things that we need, but I honestly see us getting rid of A LOT of unnecessary stuff in the very near future.

No comments: