Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boundaries again.

Today went pretty well. Erin stayed where she was supposed to stay, and she kept the other kids from knocking on our door at random, running laps around our house, and all the other things that we talked about.

Now there's just ONE more thing that will make this ok. I need to NOT be mobbed by these children every time I dare to appear outside my house. I absolutely will not be questioned on my actions by a random 5-year-old (who reminds me of Pee Wee Herman on crack) every time I dare leave my house. That annoys the crap out of me, and my own kids would never behave that way because it's just unacceptable. Again, I'm not a babysitter. I'm not a daycare center, a school, or a summer camp. If I wanted you here, I'd have invited you. You MAY NOT turn up on my doorstep whenever you damned well please.

So now we have to figure out this one. I don't think we'll be able to have Erin do our bidding for us on this one. Maybe just sending them away enough times will do it. I hope so. I just want to be able to open my door and there NOT be a random child there, whom by the way, my dog absolutely HATES, and tries to bite every time. Yes, just in case you were wondering, that DOES make matters that much more interesting.

So yes, it's improving, but man, we still have a long way to go before we can really say we've reached an understanding with the neighborhood herd. We're getting there, though. At least today my house was mine and my backyard was mine.

And who'd have thunk I'd ever need a "Beware of Dog" sign for Frank? Holy crap, Frank's like the chillest dog in the world.... then there was Cracked Out Pee Wee. Fun times. Fun times indeed. Well, we're working on it. Progress is progress.

No comments: