Saturday, April 30, 2011

I fired Captain Obvious.

People are just trying to be helpful. I get that. Seriously, though, do I look like an idiot? Really obvious "advice" is worse than nothing. It's like, wow, you really think that never occurred to me? How dumb do you think I am?

I'm also tired of having to explain the same shit over and over and over again. Yes, it's a Saturday, and I'm so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open, but I am doing normal weekday stuff. I got Erin off to school, Thak off to work, and now I have Orren, who's going through a "scream all day for absolutely no reason" phase, and we have to go grocery shopping. No, I can't just have Thak do it. Now I will answer all the stupid questions all in one place:

No, I cannot have Thak do it. Do you know how badly this man screws up every grocery mission I send him on? Because anyone who's known me for more than five minutes knows that. Not to mention he is the impulse buy king. (Again, anyone who's known me for more than five minutes knows that.) If I send him with a list of $200 worth of stuff, he will come back with $500 worth of stuff, and only half of what was on the list. Maybe YOU would like to help me.

Yes, Erin has school today. Yes, it's Saturday. Yes, I think it's complete bullshit. Why don't we transfer her somewhere else? Do you have ANY IDEA how hard it was just to get her into this school? (Once again, everybody who knows me knows this.) Plus, we CAN'T just keep transferring her every year or she will really never get the help she needs. You are aware that learning disabled kids pretty much rot in public school, and private school doesn't want them, right? Because I am forever aware of that because I live that reality every single day. We put up with this school's shit because this school is the only one that's EVER given our kid what she needs. Whether you think so or not, that's no small thing.

Yes, Thak really does have to go to work. He's the new guy. He can't exactly be picky with his schedule. Plus, we need the money. He doesn't fix cars, he doesn't get paid. He doesn't get paid, neither do our bills. See where we're going?

And as far as Erin's recital goes, unless you're going to offer to either watch Orren, or manage Erin backstage, I just really don't want to hear it, because I've thought of everything and unless I can clone myself between here and three weeks from now, or Thak can beg that one Saturday off from work, I'm fucked. Thankfully, one person has said she can watch Orren.... providing she doesn't have something come up. It beats the crap out of nothing.


The bottom line is, we will figure it out. We always do. It is just a very stressful time. Everything has piled up right now, and we simply don't have enough hands to do everything that everyone wants from us, in the manner in which they want it, and what we have to give is not enough for anybody at the moment. In the meantime, spare me Captain Obvious. I fired his ass because he annoys me.

No comments: